The West Bengal State Cooperative Agriculture & Rural Development Bank Ltd. (The WBSCARD Bank Ltd.), Registration No. 1 of 1958. Registered on 07.01.1958 under Bengal Co-operative Societies Act, 1940. Apex Institution in the Long Term Co-operative Credit Sector of the State. The Bank is engaged in providing Long Term and Medium Term Credit under Farm, Non-Farm and Housing Sector. It undertakes both on-lending and direct lending activities with Refinance facility available from NABARD. The on-lending activities are being done through affiliated 24 Member PCARDBs apart from direct lending in Purulia, Darjeeling & Kalimpong District through its Branches.
In line with recognized Practice and for the information of customers and others who visit the Bank’s website we believe it is necessary to post a privacy statement. The information shared with the Bank will be treated as private. We also desire to say explicitly that adequate precautions have been taken to protect information relating to customers and their dealings with the Bank from the mischievous and the fraudsters.
Customer confidentiality and privacy is of utmost concern to The WBSCARDB Ltd.. Our employees treat the information we have concerning your accounts in the same responsible and confidential way that we want our own financial affairs treated.
- Recognition of your expectation of privacy:-
We recognize that our rural & semi-urban customers expect privacy and security for their personal and financial affairs. We understand that, by selecting us for your banking needs, you have entrusted us to safeguard your personal financial information. We want you to be informed of our commitment to protect the privacy of your personal financial information with the following privacy principles and practices.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
We collect information from you regarding name, addresses, email addresses, Aadhar, Income, PAN, details of nominees etc.
- How we use, collect, and retain customer information
On our site we collect, retain, and use information about you only when we reasonably believe that it will help administer our business or provide products, services, and other opportunities to you. We collect and retain information about you only for specific business purposes.
- We use information to :
- What Information Do We Collect? : Except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information, we do not collect any unique information about you (such as your name, email address, etc.). The WBSCARDB Ltd. notes and saves information such as time of day, browser type, browser language, and IP address with each query.
- Open and administer your accounts and to protect your records and funds.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Help us design or improve our products and services for your benefit.
- Understand your financial needs so that we can provide you with quality products and superior service.
- To comply with laws, guidelines and regulations that governs the financial services in the State.
- To quote examples we need to obtain PAN for deposit accounts or Form 60/61 as defined by Income Tax guidelines in respect of resident customers.
- This information is used to verify our records and to provide more relevant services to users.
- Links to Other Sites: People over whom The WBSCARDB Ltd. exercises no control develop the sites linked to www.wbscardb.com. These other sites /parties may send their own cookies / messages to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. Our users may give such information or data only at their personal discretion.
- With Whom Does The WBSCARDB Ltd. Share Information? : The WBSCARDB Ltd. will not share your personal data with other third parties without your express consent. Please be aware, however, that we will release specific personal information about you if required to do so in order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, court order etc.
- How we keep customer information accurate It is in your interest, and it is our objective, for us to have accurate, current, and complete information concerning you and your accounts. We have strict procedures that our employees abide by to meet this objective. While some procedures are required by State laws or NABARD regulations, we have implemented additional procedures to maintain accurate, current, and complete financial information, including processes to update information and remove outdated information. If you believe that we have incorrect information about you or your accounts, please email us through the feedback mechanism provided on the website or issue us physical letters as permissible. We will correct any erroneous information as quickly as possible.
- How we limit access to customer information by our employees:-
- Our security procedures to protect customer information We try to follow better security practices to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about you.
- How we restrict the disclosure of customer information WBSCARDB does not release customer information except as directed by law or as per your mandate. We do not share specific information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data with nonaffiliated third parties for their independent use unless:
- The information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you;
- You request or authorize it;
- The disclosure is required by/or directed by law; or
- You have been informed about the possibility of such disclosure for marketing or similar purposes through a prior communication and have been given the opportunity to decline.
- A customer who has established a relationship with us.
- A potential customer who has applied for a loan
- A visitor to WBSCARDB’s web site
- Internet privacy on WBSCARDB’s web site For each visitor to The WBSCARDB Ltd web site https://www.wbscardb.com.
- Other information about our web site
- Children visiting The WBSCARDB’s web site : We are confident that parents will not judge any of the information provided by WBSCARDB as objectionable for viewing by their children.
- Customers using The WBSCARDB’s Online Booking/Accommodation facility : For customers using our online accommodation facility at training centre ICMARD, RICMARD & Old HO building at theatre road, all visitor information are collected along with other requisite booking information and routed through “Billdesk” payment gateway on very secured way.
- Links to, or from, The WBSCARDB’s web site : WBSCARDB is not responsible for information practices employed by web sites linked with our web site. Generally, links to non-WBSCARDB web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to users of The WBSCARDB’s web site.Other information about our web site